Academic Coaching is on Advisor Link!
Students can make appointments with and Academic Coach using Advisor Link. Academic Coaching appointments will be available to students virtually using the BlueJeans app or the student's preferred mode of contact. We encourage students who have an existing relationship with an Academic Coach to contact the coach directly to schedule an appointment.
The Process of Academic Coaching
What is Academic Coaching?
Academic Coaching provides students with the chance to work individually with professional staff members to enhance their academic skills, gain confidence, discover motivation, and improve performance. Students usually schedule a 45-60 minute meeting every two weeks or once a month, depending on their individual need. Academic Coaching is available year round so schedule your appointment now.
Academic Coaching Goals
- Identify and work through obstacles getting in the way of academic success
- Develop study skills and habits necessary to be a successful college student
- Get motivated and stop procrastinating
- Prepare for tests and reduce anxiety
- Establish a balance between academic rigor and extracurricular activities
- Improve time management skills
- Learn the importance of making notes and acquire the “how to”
- Develop short- and long-term goals for success
- Learn self-discipline, self-motivation, and self-efficacy